Re: [Marbling] Harunobu Ukiyo-e Painting over suminagashi

  • Caroline Tigeress
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2004
      --- Jake Benson <handbindery@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > A Japanese Ukiyo-e ("floating world") woodblock print over
      > suminagashi
      > by the master 18th c. master Harunobu has been mounted online. It

      While I am no means a master, I have done similar work:

      http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218906

      The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Jake Benson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2004
        Caronline Tigress wrioe:

        > While I am no means a master, I have done similar work

        Thanks for posting this. It is great to see marbling used in mixed-media compositions, as
        it helps marbling become better ( and rightly) recognized as a form of monorpinting. It
        should encourage everyone (myself included!) to post their work to the photo album on
        the group web site or link to images on your own site.

        jake