Re: [Marbling] Marbling gourds

  • Caroline Tigeress
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2004
      --- carylhanc@... wrote:

      > there anyone on the list who can give me some information on prepping
      > the
      > surface or other techniques, like getting it into the size without
      > popping up?

      Intersting Idea. My suggestion would be to hot-glue a rod or some such
      item onto the gourd in a discreet and removeable manner, then to create
      a, 'vat' of carageenan to roll the gourd in. I'd move very slowly, and
      make sure the colors were very intense. I have a tendancy to use a
      thicker carageenan base, and find that works well for many of my
      marbling projects. I'd alum it in the same way as I'd alum anything
      else.

      Caroline

      http://vote.yahoo.com