OT - Identity theft a new twist and threat

  • carylhanc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2004
      Hi, All,
      This morning, we got a call from our daughter who, after a short flight,
      discovered that her purse had been rifled with;  she discovered this when she went
      to turn on her cell phone after the flight - it was gone.  The flight
      attendants and captain of the flight helped search for it.  Then she began to go
      through her purse more carefullly, and discovered her driver's license, cash and
      credit cards were gone (DL had her SS number on it).  Her purse had been stowed
      under "the seat in front of her" as we all are requested to do on flights.
      But with the tray table down for meal, or taking a nap, which of us pays
      attention to the person in the seat ahead of us or to our belongings "safely
      stowed?"

      Appropriate police reports and notification of SS and credit card companies
      are of course, being done as I type, but it surely has wrecked her day and
      trip, and my stomach is churning for her as well.
      Please pass on this alert to all who could benefit from the warning!
      Thanks!  May all your flights be safe! And I apologise for any duplicate
      messages you may receive!
      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis