Hello to the group plus dropper bottle source

  • sglenn@ctesc.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2000
      Hello, My name is Susa Glenn and I live in Fredericksburg, Texas.
      I've been marbling for about 3 months now.

      I'm really glad to have stumbled upon this group!

      I'm using Golden Fluid Acrylics and Liquitex concentrated jar color
      acrylics on fabric. There is no one near me that I know of that is
      marbling so I'm just winging it. I'm having enough success to keep at
      it and enough problems to stay frustrated.

      I'm having trouble with white and everything with white in it. The
      paint is drying too fast(?) so it loses its elasticity and splits
      into tiny fine lines when I comb it.

      I'm running an air conditioner for self preservation (it's 103 out
      there) and I'm running a portable evaporative cooler inside so the
      temperature is around 73 degrees and the humidity is around 65% at
      best.

      Does anybody know of anything that I could mix with the paint to slow
      the drying down a little? I'm working as fast as I can.

      Oh, here's a source you might be interested in. E.D.Luce Packaging (
      www.essentialsupplies.com ) has control dropper bottles that deliver
      one drop at a time. They are wonderful for solving paint dribble. The
      catalog numbers & items are:

      #n2125 cap for dropper bottle 20mm white 12 per pkg.
      #n2130 plug for dropper bottle 20mm 12 per pkg.
      #n1335 boston round 4 oz. low density (ldpe) 12 per pkg.
      Their phone number is 562-997-0117
      Their minimum order is $50.00, but you can pay a $5.00 fee & order
      less. I don't have the prices on me, but I remember that it cost
      around 55 cents per bottle including the dropper insert & cap.

      Thanks, Susa Glenn