marbling on the web

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2004
      You have widened my horizon, Jake! I didn't know about marbling on early Am=
      erican notes
      before. Did the marbling play the role of a watermark, or were the notes ma=
      rbled in
      addition to the watermarks?
      The suminagashi is a marvel, of course, so beautiful and delicate. unfortun=
      ately, I couldn't
      get the Iranian and Indian links to work, probably sheer idiocy.

      You may rest assured about the "Stammb├╝cher" - the head restorer keeps them=
      safely in
      the 'poison cupboard' in the workshop, and that's in another building altog=
      ether. He sent
      me a short mail the other day, telling that they have worked like beavers t=
      o pack 20 tons
      of books, each in its own wrap, and ferry them to Leipzig and the freezers.=

      Susanne Krause