Re: [Marbling] Re: Marbling on Canvas

  • Brent Mydland
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 23, 2004
      I have made contact with teacher and am getting the info together,

      I will be back in a day or two with the news.

      Thanks Johnny

      Brent Mydland <jbg78734@...> wrote:
      Yes, I have framed silk starting with my very first piece1-1-90!

      That is truly where it belongs. I can tell you how to museum mount it so that its archival as I learned to frame from an artist that mounts art for the Smithsonian...I am not bragging just helping. Email off line or I will set up instuctions for the whole group!Speak up if there is enough interest!

      Peace and Love Johnny

      Angela Drake <angiedrake@...> wrote: Caroline,

      Marbling on silk is great fun... it picks up patterns and colors
      beautifully.

      I was wondering if anyone had framed any silk marbling pieces and how
      I would go about it... I've marbled lots of scarves but some of them
      would make great pieces to hang on a wall but I'm not sure where to
      start.

      Angie

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Caroline Tigeress <c.tigeress@c...>
      wrote:
      > Laura Sims wrote:
      >
      > >Hello Donna,
      > >
      > >A smooth surface canvas seems to work best. I do not
      > >was the canvas, but lay it flat in a tray of alum
      > >solution (1/2 cup to 1 gal.). With my hand I press
      > >the solution into the canvas until no more bubbles
      > >come out of the canvas. Drip dry, iron and marble
      > >with acrylics.
      > >

      > I just tried it yesterday. It was not as sucessful as I would
      have
      > liked, I used golden acrylics and carageenan. I was wondering if
      anyone
      > has had any sucess in marbling silk?
      >
      > Caroline

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • angel_100_100
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 23, 2004
        I would like instructions too.

        Thanks,

        Angel

        > Yes, I have framed silk starting with my very first piece1-1-90!<BR>
        > <BR>
        > That is truly where  it belongs. I can tell you how to museum mount
        it so that its archival as I learned to frame from an artist that
        mounts art for the Smithsonian...I am not bragging just helping.
        Email off line or I will set up instuctions for the whole group!Speak
        up if there is enough interest!<BR>