Re: Marbling on Canvas

  • Angela Drake
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 23, 2004
      Johnny,

      Thanks so much! I think there is enough interest to share the info
      with all but will also email you off-line!

      Angie

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Brent Mydland <jbg78734@y...> wrote:

      > Yes, I have framed silk starting with my very first piece1-1-90!
      >
      > That is truly where it belongs. I can tell you how to museum mount
      it so that its archival as I learned to frame from an artist that
      mounts art for the Smithsonian...I am not bragging just helping.
      Email off line or I will set up instuctions for the whole group!Speak
      up if there is enough interest!

      <c.tigeress@c...>
      > wrote:
      > > Laura Sims wrote:
      > >
      > > >Hello Donna,
      > > >
      > > >A smooth surface canvas seems to work best. I do not
      > > >was the canvas, but lay it flat in a tray of alum
      > > >solution (1/2 cup to 1 gal.). With my hand I press
      > > >the solution into the canvas until no more bubbles
      > > >come out of the canvas. Drip dry, iron and marble
      > > >with acrylics.
      > > >

      > > I just tried it yesterday. It was not as sucessful as I
      would
      > have
      > > liked, I used golden acrylics and carageenan. I was wondering if
      > anyone
      > > has had any sucess in marbling silk?
      > >
      > > Caroline
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Service.

    • Brent Mydland
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 23, 2004
        I have made contact with teacher and am getting the info together,

        I will be back in a day or two with the news.

        Thanks Johnny

        Angela Drake <angiedrake@...> wrote: Caroline,

        wrote:
        > Laura Sims wrote:
        >
        > >Hello Donna,
        > >
        > >A smooth surface canvas seems to work best. I do not
        > >was the canvas, but lay it flat in a tray of alum
        > >solution (1/2 cup to 1 gal.). With my hand I press
        > >the solution into the canvas until no more bubbles
        > >come out of the canvas. Drip dry, iron and marble
        > >with acrylics.
        > >

        > I just tried it yesterday. It was not as sucessful as I would
        have
        > liked, I used golden acrylics and carageenan. I was wondering if
        anyone
        > has had any sucess in marbling silk?
        >
        > Caroline

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • angel_100_100
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 23, 2004
          I would like instructions too.

          Thanks,

          Angel

          > Yes, I have framed silk starting with my very first piece1-1-90!<BR>
          > <BR>
          > That is truly where  it belongs. I can tell you how to museum mount
          it so that its archival as I learned to frame from an artist that
          mounts art for the Smithsonian...I am not bragging just helping.
          Email off line or I will set up instuctions for the whole group!Speak
          up if there is enough interest!<BR>