Re: [Marbling] Re: speedball inks

  • Ellen Tresselt
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6 10:57 AM
      Hello Marblers -- I think I have not been receiving posts from this
      group for quite awhile and I don't know why. Suddenly out of the blue
      I got one yesterday and now this one, so forgive me if I'm sort of
      jumping in blindly and might be putting my foot in my mouth, BUT... I
      see you're talking about Speedball Inks. These have been around
      forever and they are water soluble inks made for block printing. I
      used the gold for a long time to get a gold metallic look in my
      marbling. At that time I was marbling with Windsor Newton Opaque
      Gouache, and I wanted a stronger looking metallic than I was getting
      with that brand. I think I actually mixed the Speedball gold into my
      opaque gouache. The only Speedballs I really tried to work with were
      the gold and the silver, because the other colors did not appeal to me
      since the gouache was working so well. But I'm sure you could try
      marbling with any of them. The silver did spread out and disappear on
      the size, but for some reason the gold worked just fine. So I wish you
      luck if you are thinking of trying them and would be interested to know
      the results.

      Love to all, Nelle Tresselt