Re: [Marbling] speedball inks

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
      Speedball is a company that makes inks and other supplies for block
      printing. The inks come in various colours, and can be oil or water colour.
      Jill
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
        Thank you, Jill! That's quite another thing, of course.

        Susanne

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "J Dolphin" <jdolphin@s...> wrote:
        > Speedball is a company that makes inks and other supplies for block
        > printing. The inks come in various colours, and can be oil or water colour.
        > Jill

      • Ellen Tresselt
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
          Hello Marblers -- I think I have not been receiving posts from this
          group for quite awhile and I don't know why. Suddenly out of the blue
          I got one yesterday and now this one, so forgive me if I'm sort of
          jumping in blindly and might be putting my foot in my mouth, BUT... I
          see you're talking about Speedball Inks. These have been around
          forever and they are water soluble inks made for block printing. I
          used the gold for a long time to get a gold metallic look in my
          marbling. At that time I was marbling with Windsor Newton Opaque
          Gouache, and I wanted a stronger looking metallic than I was getting
          with that brand. I think I actually mixed the Speedball gold into my
          opaque gouache. The only Speedballs I really tried to work with were
          the gold and the silver, because the other colors did not appeal to me
          since the gouache was working so well. But I'm sure you could try
          marbling with any of them. The silver did spread out and disappear on
          the size, but for some reason the gold worked just fine. So I wish you
          luck if you are thinking of trying them and would be interested to know
          the results.

          Love to all, Nelle Tresselt