speedball inks

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
      If speedball inks are what I think they are, i.e. inks for computer printers, I strongly
      recommend to forget about them. They are anything but lightfast, and no one knows what
      they are really made of and how they behave in the long run.

      Susanne Krause
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
        Speedball is a company that makes inks and other supplies for block
        printing. The inks come in various colours, and can be oil or water colour.
        Jill
        > If speedball inks are what I think they are, i.e. inks for computer
        printers, I strongly
        > recommend to forget about them. They are anything but lightfast, and no
        one knows what
        > they are really made of and how they behave in the long run.
        >
        > Susanne Krause
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
          Thank you, Jill! That's quite another thing, of course.

          Susanne

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "J Dolphin" <jdolphin@s...> wrote:
          > Speedball is a company that makes inks and other supplies for block
          > printing. The inks come in various colours, and can be oil or water colour.
          > Jill

        • Ellen Tresselt
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6, 2004
            Hello Marblers -- I think I have not been receiving posts from this
            group for quite awhile and I don't know why. Suddenly out of the blue
            I got one yesterday and now this one, so forgive me if I'm sort of
            jumping in blindly and might be putting my foot in my mouth, BUT... I
            see you're talking about Speedball Inks. These have been around
            forever and they are water soluble inks made for block printing. I
            used the gold for a long time to get a gold metallic look in my
            marbling. At that time I was marbling with Windsor Newton Opaque
            Gouache, and I wanted a stronger looking metallic than I was getting
            with that brand. I think I actually mixed the Speedball gold into my
            opaque gouache. The only Speedballs I really tried to work with were
            the gold and the silver, because the other colors did not appeal to me
            since the gouache was working so well. But I'm sure you could try
            marbling with any of them. The silver did spread out and disappear on
            the size, but for some reason the gold worked just fine. So I wish you
            luck if you are thinking of trying them and would be interested to know
            the results.

            Love to all, Nelle Tresselt