Fw: marbling ceramics

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2004
      From: "goofykids2000" <2goofy@...>
      To: <jdolphin@...>
      Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2004 9:21 PM
      Subject: marbling ceramics

      > Hi There! I can't tell you how happy I am to see your old post about
      > marbling ceramics - there is very little info on this and I have a
      > million questions. You said you fired your earthenware fully - to
      > what cone? what type of clay are you using? are you just doing 1 fire
      > or do you bisque fire then underglaze then fire again - then marble?
      > Are the Liquitex, the acrylic line or are they the fabric paints?
      >
      > Any info would be so helpful!! It would be great to have someone to
      > talk to about this because like I said - after 2 months of research -
      > I have found out very little. Thanks so much, Boo Burroughs.

    • Brent Mydland
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 27, 2004
        I spent thousands of dollars and many hours learning this.

        It is a real serious art! Not just a weekend craft.

        Are there any examples out there or real instructions.

        Have there really been people doing this for centuries?

        Can it be cost effective?

        Is it sooo toxic I will die doing it?

        Will people understand this and support me d

        oing this? I love marbling and will continue at all means prevailing winds.

        Peace Johnny