Artistst and decorated paper

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2004
      How right you are, Iris.

      Having artists in a class is great, but a not-too-frequent event. Usually they start with a
      lovely mixture of couriosity and scepticism, continue with mild condescesion and end up
      hooked and delighting everyone present with a wealth of old an new ideas. Plus, I don't
      have to keep an eye on their colours.
      Once I had a Japanese lady, a graphic artist who had come to Germany in the course of her
      studies in Art History. Rudimentary English, next to no German, explanations I gave to her
      in pantomime - but what a dedication and diligence, what a joy for her work, what a joy
      for learning! I could do with more of that.

      I am having lots of fun doing big editions os the same pattern. When all goes according to
      wishes and I see, when I take them out of the press the next day, that the first and the,
      say, 60th sheet are... well, not twins but at least siblings, I fell like laughing from sheer
      joy.

      Susanne Krause