Re: [Marbling] Animistic Light

  • IRIS NEVINS
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2004
      I know P.Taffe.....not well, but he came over to learn marbling techniques with me to incorporate into his artwork. He is quite a brilliant painter actually, but I have not seen anything he did with the marbling.I had seen attempts at oil marbling he did prior to his lesson with me, they were, yes, indeed the type of things we all did in the beginning, though I admit his color sense was light years beyond what mine was initially. I don't know what he did with the watercolor marbling though. He was extremely enthusiastic, and a delightful person to work with.....though he made no bones about the fact he did not intend to persue the traditional marbling route. He liked the organic forms very much, in as much as they would contribute to his paintings. I would attribute the magazine's comments to their naivete about marbling. I do not believe Phillip pretends to be a fine traditional marbler, but a painter who likes the possibility of introducing these effects into his artwork.

      Can the article be viewed online? Thanks for bringing this to our attention Milena....

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15, 2004
        Did a google search, one result has some images

        http://www.artnet.com/ag/FineArtThumbnails.asp?
        currpage=2&aid=16362&ViewSize=large

        Above is page 2
        Also click page 3

        > Can the article be viewed online? Thanks for bringing this to our
        attention Milena....

        > Iris Nevins

      • Technotabby
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 15, 2004
          I think you may have meant to link to the URL:

          http://www.artnet.com/artist/16362/Philip_Taaffe.html

          There are 3 pages of Philip Taaffe's works displayed there.

          -Lorraine

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16, 2004
            Interesting! Now if only we could do a marbled image and command the prices I would imagine Taffe commands as a well recognized artist. Maybe this is a good thing for marbling though, perhaps lead more people in the art world to it. I can't see his finer details well at this site, he is an excellent and creative painter in my humble opinion. I was more under the impression that he was incorporating little bits of marbling into a larger painting, but maybe that is just not pictured here.

            Thanks Lorraine, somehow the word wrap messed up the link

            At 08:35 PM 15-07-04 -0700, you wrote:
            >I think you may have meant to link to the URL:
            >
            >http://www.artnet.com/artist/16362/Philip_Taaffe.html
            >
            >There are 3 pages of Philip Taaffe's works displayed there.
            >
            >-Lorraine

          • danilo giannoni
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 17, 2004
              hello
              my name is danilo
              did any one knows what is the real ebru art or the real means of this unique art??
              you are talking about very bad execution like you are talking about Caravaggio (if you don't know who he is i will explain you...)
              ebru is something absolute, the execution has to be perfect in all the aspect of the art... the preparation of the color, the gal, the technique and the final result has to be an spiritual and emotional expression.....
              you can't just make this for make it........ you can't call it ebru.....
              please be respectful of it if you call your self artist or art lovers

              thanks

              IRIS NEVINS <irisnevins@...> wrote:
              Interesting! Now if only we could do a marbled image and command the prices I would imagine Taffe commands as a well recognized artist. Maybe this is a good thing for marbling though, perhaps lead more people in the art world to it. I can't see his finer details well at this site, he is an excellent and creative painter in my humble opinion. I was more under the impression that he was incorporating little bits of marbling into a larger painting, but maybe that is just not pictured here.

              Thanks Lorraine, somehow the word wrap messed up the link

              At 08:35 PM 15-07-04 -0700, you wrote:
              >I think you may have meant to link to the URL:
              >
              >http://www.artnet.com/artist/16362/Philip_Taaffe.html
              >
              >There are 3 pages of Philip Taaffe's works displayed there.
              >
              >-Lorraine

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT