Great! but what's it FOR...

  • Jan Walker
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10 2:46 PM
      Hi all. I have been having a lovely time making little patches of marbled
      paper!! Endlessly fascinating! But now what?

      What kinds of folks buy marbled paper and what do they want it for? I have
      folks coming through my studio/gallery already for other things and am
      wondering how to present the marbling to them.

      I guess basically I'm asking a "market research" question. Any advice to
      share?

      Many thanks in advance,
      Jan Walker
      Rockport MA
    • Scottie Lover
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13 7:30 PM
        At 05:46 PM 07/10/2000 -0400, Jan Walker wrote:
        >What kinds of folks buy marbled paper and what do they want it for?

        All kinds of things ... Marbled paper makes exquisite end pages for
        handmade books, beautiful covers for other handmade books, beautiful
        stationery (glued to the front of note cards), gorgeous boxes, etc.

        "Scottie"
        (The Scottish Terrier Lover)
      • John Ang Cheng Siew
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13 10:49 PM
          I cover blank books with marbled paper and make stationery sets with them.

          >Hi all. I have been having a lovely time making little patches of marbled
          >paper!! Endlessly fascinating! But now what?
          >
          >What kinds of folks buy marbled paper and what do they want it for? I have
          >folks coming through my studio/gallery already for other things and am
          >wondering how to present the marbling to them.
          >
          >I guess basically I'm asking a "market research" question. Any advice to
          >share?

          .
          .-P

          John Ang Cheng Siew
          My Paper Marbling Website: <home3.pacific.net.sg/~johnacs>