Re: [Marbling] Digest Number 786

  • Gail MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11 3:04 PM
      > Thanks for your speedy response. I did take a deposit, so I have to try. I
      > will let everyone know how this project turns out!
      >
      > Donna
      >

      >> >From: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      >> >To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      >> >Subject: [Marbling] Digest Number 786
      >> >Date: 11 Jul 2004 14:29:49 -0000
      >> >

      >> >There is 1 message in this issue.
      >> >
      >> >Topics in this digest:
      >> >
      >> > 1. Re: Marbling on Canvas
      >> > From: Brent Mydland <jbg78734@...>
      >> >

      >> >________________________________________________________________________
      >> >________________________________________________________________________
      >> >
      >> >Message: 1
      >> > Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
      >> > From: Brent Mydland <jbg78734@...>
      >> >Subject: Re: Marbling on Canvas
      >> >

      >> >Just say NO!
      >> >
      >> >the canvass prob wont take the paint very well.....
      >> >
      >> >the T shirt delima is like a major hassle about the white streeks
      >> >
      >> >Thats just the way it is! Ive marbled thousands of T shirts there is no
      >> >real way around it, color it in ,if some one is so concerned about the
      >> >white streeks they might not understand the process...then do they
      >> >appreciate it Really??
      >> >
      >> >I put down my fabric paints 8 years ago and people ask me all the time for
      >> >them, even some famous musicians BEG me for them, the awnswer is that is
      >> >not what I do anymore, I now marble on my own handmade tile with my own
      >> >hand made inks and glazes . That is a feat in itsself, the clients have
      >> >changed.the whole studio is differnt. as is life.
      >> >
      >> >So if you make the t shirt you must set up your studio and invest much time
      >> >and money and prey for results that are satisfactory for some one who wants
      >> >a perfect T....Um send her to anothers site to purchase and then make your
      >> >own work for your ownmuse with out the stress....
      >> >
      >> >I think Marjorie Bevis has a site marbled fabrics.com send her
      >> >there............
      >> >
      >> >Just my 2 cents...
      >> >
      >> >I cant wait to marble and sumi some paper soon............
      >> >
      >> >I love marbling and am glad that people here do too....
      >> >
      >> >so keep up the great work and let those colors dance!
      >> >
      >> >Peace Johnny
      >> >

      >> >enigmaticmatrix <Weshabak@...> wrote: Hi everyone!
      >> >I am a longtime lurker here, but now I need help.
      >> >
      >> >I marbled a T-shirt about 15 years ago, and I was wearing it at a
      >> >craft fair the other day when a lady asked me where I got it. I told
      >> >her I made it and she said she absolutly HAS to have one.
      >> >
      >> >I attempted to marble shirts a looooong time ago, but I was not
      >> >satisfied with the results because of the white streaks along the
      >> >sides of the shirts, so I quit doing it. Anyhow, I think I can
      >> >remember how to marble the shirts, but she says that she is also a
      >> >bag freak and she would LOVE a marbled bag.
      >> >
      >> >The problem is, she has a "brand new, not yet used" canvas bag that
      >> >she wants me to marble, and I told her that I will! (sob)
      >> >
      >> >Can someone PLEASE PLEEEEeeeease help me out here???

> [...]
      Ah well...a note on marbling cotton tees; you can touch up the white lines
      using a dilute paint solution matching the most dominant color of the
      marbled pattern. Alummed canvas marbles just fine. Because of the texture,
      don¹t try a fine toothed pattern. After the piece is completely dry, it¹s a
      good idea to protect the colors with a light spray of clear acrylic. Good
      luck!! Gail