RE: [Marbling] Digest Number 786

  • D Plummer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11 2:36 PM
      Thanks for your speedy response. I did take a deposit, so I have to try. I
      will let everyone know how this project turns out!

      Donna

    • Gail MacKenzie
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11 3:04 PM
> [...]
        >> >
        >> >Can someone PLEASE PLEEEEeeeease help me out here???
        >> >
        >> >1) How can I marble her T-Shirt and avoid getting the white streaks
        >> >from when you flip the shirt over...
        >> >
        >> >2) How am I supposed to marble on CANVAS???? I am an artist, and I
        >> >work on canvas, but I stretch it and apply gesso first, then use oil
        >> >paints to create my masterpieces :^}. Seriously though, If it is
        >> >possible, how do you marble canvas? Should I gesso it first? This is
        >> >a pre-sewn bag, it looks like the brown paper bags you pack a child's
        >> >lunch in, but it's bigger. It's not made complicated at all, just
        >> >basic, but... why, oh WHY did I stick my foot in my mouth!!!!
        >> >
        >> >I hope I hear from someone soon!!!
        >> >
        >> >Thanks!
        >> >Donna
        >> >

        >> >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        >> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        Ah well...a note on marbling cotton tees; you can touch up the white lines
        using a dilute paint solution matching the most dominant color of the
        marbled pattern. Alummed canvas marbles just fine. Because of the texture,
        don¹t try a fine toothed pattern. After the piece is completely dry, it¹s a
        good idea to protect the colors with a light spray of clear acrylic. Good
        luck!! Gail