marbling size?

  • mlberry00
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2004
      I have read some articles on the net about some people using water
      with borax in it for oil paints. I recently came across a book about
      marbling that i have read. In the book it talks about plain water,
      moss extract mixture, and methyl cellulose, but never anything about
      borax water or how much borax to use. Are these articles wrong about
      using borax for a size? or is it possible? I am mostly interested in
      doing this on woods that i will clear over them with a clear coat
      after the paints have curde!! what is my best option and types of
      paints??