"New Branches from Ancient Roots"

  • mpmh60201
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10 5:08 PM
      I'm pleased to announce that Mr. Takaji Kuroda of Tokyo will be
      coming to the Chicago area Sept. 15-25! We will have a joint
      exhibition at the Japan Information Center of the Consul General
      of Japan at Chicago, with a tentative public reception date of
      September 19th. Mr. Kuroda will display artwork incorporating
      his unique Suimonga technique, which is quite different than
      Suminagashi. I will display contemporary Suminagashi. Both
      our works include expansion and contraction of colors to achieve
      various effects. The event, "New Branches from Ancient Roots",
      will also include two days of public demonstrations. Stay tuned
      for more details....(this has been two years in planning!)
      -Milena
    • mpmh60201
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2004
        This fine art exhibition will open to the public on September 20,
        through Oct. 22, 2004: Japan Information Center/Consulate
        General of Japan at Chicago. The web site is:
        www.chicago.us.emb-japan.go.jp/jic.html (not sure this info is
        on it yet)
        Mr. Takaji Kuroda, creator of Suimonga (this is amazing!), and I
        will exhibit approximate thirty pieces of art based on the
        Japanese technique of Suminagashi. Our work is extremely
        different, yet we both began studying Suminagashi in the 1980's,
        and found that the technique can definitely lead to wonderful
        experimentation... in Mr. Kuroda's case, a new fine art marbling
        technique! We will give public demonstrations on Friday Eve,
        Sept. 24 at the JIC in downtown Chicago's Magnificent Mile. If you
        live near Chicago, or can travel to see this exhibition, it's well
        worth the effort. This is a treat for the senses and a rare
        opportunity to meet Mr. Kuroda during his visit to the USA. It's
        taken several years to make this cultural event happen and we
        hope to see you in Chicago! -Milena