Re: [Marbling] Digest Number 762

  • Linda A Hall
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2004
      Dear Hillary:

      I dye 42"x36" pieces of cotton in a wooden Marbling tray my husband
      designed for me. I took 2 strips of wood - like dowel rods about 1"
      around and 40" long. I covered them with Carpet tape from Home Depot.
      It is very sticky when dry and not sticky at all when wet. You can stick
      the edges of you fabric on the 2 rods, dip into the prepared marbling
      tray design, lift up and remove the fabric easily. Wipe off the rods
      with a wet cloth and let dry for 10 minutes. In that time you can clean
      up your marbling tray and prepare your next design. I made up two sets
      of rods so that when one set is drying I can use the other set. The
      stickiness lasts for months on the rods and when they no longer stick,
      just apply a new strip of carpet tape and they are ready for another long
      time. I can marble right to the edges of the fabric if I have the rods
      ON TOP of the fabric edges as I'm dipping. Works great !

      Linda Hall
    • h s
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2004
        Thank you so much Linda! I'm excited to get the
        supplies and try it!! By the way, what type of paint
        do you use, or do you mix your own?

        Hillary

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2004
          > Dear Hillary:
          >
          > I dye 42"x36" pieces of cotton in a wooden Marbling tray my husband
          > designed for me. I took 2 strips of wood - like dowel rods about 1"
          > around and 40" long. I covered them with Carpet tape from Home Depot.
          > It is very sticky when dry and not sticky at all when wet. You can stick
          > the edges of you fabric on the 2 rods, dip into the prepared marbling
          > tray design, lift up and remove the fabric easily. Wipe off the rods
          > with a wet cloth and let dry for 10 minutes. In that time you can clean
          > up your marbling tray and prepare your next design. I made up two sets
          > of rods so that when one set is drying I can use the other set. The
          > stickiness lasts for months on the rods and when they no longer stick,
          > just apply a new strip of carpet tape and they are ready for another long
          > time. I can marble right to the edges of the fabric if I have the rods
          > ON TOP of the fabric edges as I'm dipping. Works great !
          >
          > Linda Hall
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Thank you, Linda, that¹s a great idea!! Gail