Paper

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2004
      How about trying satinized book printing paper? Dozens of factories and sco=
      res of sorts. I
      am using it sometimes for 18th and 19th century paste paper infills, and ha=
      ve been
      experimenting with several variations for sprinkled paper since Hahnemühle =
      let me down.
      Looks very promising indeed, and can be bought archival quality. The snag a=
      bout it is, you
      have to look out for the volume in addition to eveyrthing else. 1.2 or 1.3 =
      is fine, anything
      higher is hopeless, at least for paste paper and sprinkled paper. How it be=
      haves with
      marbling I do not know, I have never tried.

      Fedrigoni has a sort called Corolla Book in the Vergate-series (European na=
      mes), with an
      invitingly wide range of weights and archival quality, priced about the sam=
      e as
      Hahnemühle Nartural Line / NaturTex. Looks most exciting on letter-writing =
      size, they
      have promised to send full size sheets.

      Susanne Krause