Base paper

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 15 11:34 AM
      I have been working with this particular sort as my standard since about 19=
      95, I have
      survived all chemical changes of those years (pH etc.) without undue troubl=
      e. I looks like
      this time I'm for it.
      I suppose that, while the ingredients have not changed - Hahnemühle is cert=
      ified and
      therefore under surveillance, so major changes do not have much chance to p=
      ass
      unnoticed - minor changes within a certain limit are possible, and no one e=
      xcept
      decorated paper makers takes notice.

      It has nothing to do with the paints, I think. They came from my own stock =
      and look, smell
      feel the same as always. No frost, no heat, no pests, dry and dark storage =
      place.

      The Kongress paper is unknown to me, at least by that name.

      What seems an interesting explanation to me is that they have made the pape=
      r machine
      run quicker (suggested by another of my suppliers). That could indeed make =
      the fibres
      distribute unevenly, and every sq-cm of the paper receives less pressure du=
      ring
      calandering. It would fit with what I see.

      Susanne Krause
    • mpmh60201
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 15 3:28 PM
        Jake:
        I haven't heard of Kongress either. Perhaps you mean Ingres,
        made by Hahnemuhle?
        Milena