[Marbling] paper

    Message 1 of 47 , Apr 15, 2004
      Hi Jake....I tried literally EVERYTHING they carried and liked the
      NaturText, which I get cut long grain 19 X 25. As for drying too long after
      aluming, I dry them on the line totally in 55% humidity or under and they
      keep thus far for months and months....haven't had them for years yet. The
      key is either all damp under boards and use fast, or totally bone dry, then
      under boards in a room never above 55%. This has worked 26 years with any
      paper that marbles.

      I am not sure what the min. order for any of their papers are if you wish a
      custom order....perhaps many thousands, like 10 or 20? Hey, if it's the
      only way to do it, I will do it, period. I find the NT takes the colors
      beautifully and the paper is luxurious, you could sleep on it!

      Susanne- is what you are using Hahnemuhle Kongress paper? That is a
      less expensive laid paper that they make. the grain is short, like
      Bugra.

      I have a fair bit of this before Atlantic quit distributing it. They
      said they could get more if there was enough demand for a bulk order.
      Iris- have you tried Kongress as well? Some of it worked well, and
      other times iI had trouble as well, probably letting the sheets dry too
      long after aluming? I have yet to try the natur-tex, but will do so.

      Jake<
    • Taracady
      Message 47 of 47 , Apr 13, 2014
        Iris, I love learning of these intricacies! Fascinating. I don't think we have opened ream 2 of that purchase, so I will definitely check it before distributing it. The balancing act of dilution/concentration of mordant, size and pigment can be challenging enough! Now buffering of paper adds to the mix. Thanks! Tara