paper

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 47 , Apr 15, 2004
      Susanne- is what you are using Hahnemuhle Kongress paper? That is a
      less expensive laid paper that they make. the grain is short, like
      Bugra.

      I have a fair bit of this before Atlantic quit distributing it. They
      said they could get more if there was enough demand for a bulk order.
      Iris- have you tried Kongress as well? Some of it worked well, and
      other times iI had trouble as well, probably letting the sheets dry too
      long after aluming? I have yet to try the natur-tex, but will do so.

      Jake

      On Thursday, April 15, 2004, at 10:20 AM, Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      wrote:

      > ---------------------~-->
      > Canada.
      > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/tnDrlB/TM
      > ~->
      >
      > There are 2 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: Base paper
      > From: "hamburgerbuntpapier_de"
      > <hamburgerbuntpapier@...>
      > 2. Re: Base paper
      > From: irisnevins <irisnevins@...>

      > _
      > _
      >
      > Message: 1
      > Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:06:06 -0000
      > From: "hamburgerbuntpapier_de" <hamburgerbuntpapier@...>
      > Subject: Re: Base paper
      >
      > No, the paste paper sheets are just a bit rougher on the surface,
      > otherwise=
      > they behave
      > like they did before. It's the sprinkled ones I'm having the problems
      > with,=
      > these paints
      > need very little binding medium and penetrate the base paper much
      > deeper th=
      > an the
      > coloured paste for paste paper does. It's the "normal" laid version,
      > one si=
      > de a bit smoother
      > than the other.
      > Oh well, it probably means I'll have to do what I have always tried to
      > avoi=
      > d: having two
      > standard base papers instead of one.
      >
      > Susanne Krause
      >
      > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, irisnevins <irisnevins@c...> wrote:
      >> Is that for paste paper.....I just sampled a new lot of NaturText and
      >> it
      >> marbled just fine.
      >> Hmmmmm, better not be more paper trouble. Is it a smooth paper?
      >> Iris Nevins
      >>
      >> Message text written by INTERNET:Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      >>>
      >> To those among you who use Hahnemühle Natural Line (Natural Tex in
      >> US, I
      >> be=
      >> lieve):
      >>
      >> I am having an ugly problem with the last lot; paints cannot brushed
      >> on
      >> eve=
      >> nly but make a
      >> cloudy, "boggy" appearance. The surface is dull and flat. Both the
      >> factor=
      >> =
      >> and my supplier
      >> are searching for reasons, while claiming nothing has been changed.
      >> Has
      >> any=
      >> one had the
      >> same results with a new lot?
      >>
      >> Susanne Krause<

      > _
      > _
      >
      > Message: 2
      > Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:46:15 -0400
      > From: irisnevins <irisnevins@...>
      > Subject: Re: Base paper

> [...]
    • Taracady
      Message 47 of 47 , Apr 13, 2014
        Iris, I love learning of these intricacies! Fascinating. I don't think we have opened ream 2 of that purchase, so I will definitely check it before distributing it. The balancing act of dilution/concentration of mordant, size and pigment can be challenging enough! Now buffering of paper adds to the mix. Thanks! Tara