Re: [Marbling] Re: 1869's marbling description

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 14, 2004
      This dates us, eh?LOL!

      You can still buy those sprinkle ends for pop bottles from Regal. Actually
      all that was in the bottle was water used to dampen the clothes before
      ironiong before the days of steam irons. Putting them in a plastic bag
      after sprinkling them with water merely allowed the water to spread around
      a bit before ironing.My Grandmother used this system even after the steam
      iron came on the scene. Sometimes she would simply dip her hand in a bowl
      of water and flick it over the clothes as she put them in the plastic bag.
      Dave<
    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 14, 2004
        ... and everyone who detests ironing as much as yours truly is invited to compare ironing
        with a bulky steam iron to ironing with a nice light-weight normal iron when sprinkled
        clothes have been sitting in a damp package for an hour or so... better antique and
        comfortable than modern and uncomfortable... and even better: skip ironing and make
        some more sheets instead..

        Susanne Krause