New marbling tip

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2000
      For those of you trying to marble in 95 degree heat these days (and for
      those of you with year round heat), you know the size breaks down rapidly
      and loses viscosity in hot weather. I have my solution (pardon the pun) to
      this problem posted at my website, but here it is for the

      MARBLING TIP: My strange method of keeping the size bath cool in very hot
      weather: Sometimes an air conditioner is not enough.....so, I keep soda
      bottles full if water frozen in the freezer and periodically float them in
      the size for about 5 minutes. This helps maintain the viscosity of the size
      in hot weather, and therefore it holds the floating patterns better and
      gives clearer definition.

      Hope this helps keep the size (and the hot temper of the marbler trying to
      work in this weather) cool and viscous.

      Best wishes to all,