RE: [Marbling] Digest Number 745

  • Barbara M Hammond
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2004
      Pamela,

      Have you tried, photo development trays, available locally from your Photo
      store, or from 3/M Co.? This route is kind of expensive though?
      Depending on the size you are looking for jelly roll pans from the Container
      store, work well about $5 each. One year we bought several, for our
      University's Arts Festival, so that more students would have the opportunity
      to come up to the table and have a positive experience of making their own
      marbled paper. Drying them and making arrangement to take them was a
      different story, especially on a windy day, (remind me to recount that story
      one day).
      This turned out to be very popular indeed, and a lot of work for me and my
      assistants!.
      Depending on how much time you have, another thought is that in a pinch you
      might borrow a few trays for the weekend from other artist in the area.
      Also there are the makeshift (in a pinch) picture frames lined with cut to
      fit painter's plastic drop cloth. Just be sure to stapled, or tack it down
      to the top of the frame, so that there is no slippage, and remember it
      cannot be moved until you're done. Sounds like I been a few pinches myself
      doesn't it! I have!

      Let me know if I can help! I have probably made every mistake in the book.

      Barbara