A quick announcement

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2004
      Greeetings Everyone.

      Would it be possible that some list memebers may be able to help us with tr=
      anslating
      the announcement about the Society Web Site and Annual into other languages=
      ? Of
      course this could be edited for brevity. I have listed a few ideas- there =
      are probably
      many many more. There are a number of arts and crafts magazines and
      organizations , both English speaking and non, who would be interested in h=
      earing
      about these activities.

      It would be really great if we coudl get a French version into Arts et Met=
      ier du Livre,

      A Spanish version into the Spanish language magazine (I think it is called =
      something
      like La Ecuadarnacion- Montse Buxo gave me a copy- brilliant publication!)-=
      Tomaso?

      A German version for the German Yahoo Bookbinders- and perhaps Meister der =

      Eindband Kunst? - Sussane?

      Turkish? - Will "P" magazine accept annoucements such as this? I have alre=
      ady
      forwarded this to the "ebrucu" and "güzel yazi" yahoo lists.

      I will even beg for Japanese!

      Takaji-san!

      Are you out there? Can you help?

      Any assistance in this regard will greatly draw in more members from around=
      the
      world- and also into this yahoo list as well!

      To polyglottism!

      Jake Benson
    • 黒田隆二
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2004
        Hello. Jake
        At this moment, I can not find any Art magagine in Japan which have deep
        interest to Marbling, Ebru, Suminagashi or Suimonga.
        But, I can translate english written short announcement or Website to
        Japanese and upload it to website under my Home page.
        Is this help your desire?
        -------------------------------
        Takaji  Kuroda
        tkuroda@...
        http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~kuroda/
        -------------------------------

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Jake Benson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2004
          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, é»'ç"°éš†äºŒ <tkuroda@m...> wrote:
          > Hello. Jake
          > At this moment, I can not find any Art magagine in Japan which have dee=
          > interest to Marbling, Ebru, Suminagashi or Suimonga.
          > But, I can translate english written short announcement or Website to
          > Japanese and upload it to website under my Home page.
          > Is this help your desire?

          ANY method that gets the word out is a good idea. Your offer to post this =
          on your
          site is certainly very kind. While there may be no particualr magazine at =
          this time,
          perhaps sending the announcement to the right individuals and museums would=
          be a
          better method. In addition to the other marbles whom you know in Japan, wo=
          uld the
          Oji paper musuem, be interested to know about our endeavors?

          Thanks Takaji! - and Feridun for offering a Turkish version.

          - Oh and to everyone on the list- I nelected to mention ITALIAN - we would =
          love to
          get the message to our colleagues in Venice, Florence, and Rome, among othe=
          rs....

          Then we'll have to work on the Chinese, Persian, and Hindi.

          best to all, Jake