Pre-painting paper

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2004
      There is not much to it except deciding which paint to use. This depends on the effect you
      want to achieve. In nine out of ten cases I know what I need after one glance on the
      original that needs to be reproduced, the tenth case requires a test. Or two. But there is no
      general rule.
      There is no single material in decorated paper making that can do everything and has no
      drawbacks.

      I do not marble, so there is no personal experience about paints to share, but my
      marbling colleage from Leipzig, who is the third generation of professional marblers, does
      it all the time, her sheets look as good as mine, so there are no grave problems about
      alum etc. I have seen and handled her sheets.

      About screaming at people: I was exasperated, and it was meant to be seen. Of course I do
      not 'know' a person when I know her/his name - I do not even know whether a name given
      via e-mail is the real name, if it comes to that - but if I am expected to share the
      knowledge of decades, and decide to do so, I feel entitled to write not to an
      unfathomable e-mail address floating in space but to a proper name.
      And now back to good form and polite behaviour?

      Susanne Krause
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2004
        Every large list--will have a number of people who do not post-merely 'lurk'
        and this list is no different than any other. Every list will have writers
        forgetting to sign posts--or not wanting to sign posts-or some variation on
        that........This is a pretty open list--occasionally, folks writing in will
        make writing errors and spelling mistakes--some here--are using English as a
        second language--or simply have difficulty expressing themselves in written
        English even when their first language IS English.......I do not regard Any
        of this as a big deal...........There are people on this list with a TON of
        experience who take a moment of time to help teach others and lots of
        'newbies' just drinking in that source of information. I have no problem
        with that either--as that is one of the reasons I made the list in the first
        place.
        I appreciate the information you want to share with others. I appreciate
        the questions raised by writers for others to examine. I noticed that
        message with the Raised capitol letters--as I am sure others also did. I am
        glad you have explained your reason. Said ever so gently--this is a
        List--with many turns and whoops and jumps--and if all that hullabaloo is
        distressing you--take a moment 'out'--to calm yourself--as broadcasting the
        angst--tarnishes the valuble credit and respect others here are giving you.
        You--like everyone else--are worth hearing from. So-yes-thank you for
        Dropping the capslock key--for myself--and all others.
        Jill