Tiger eye/sun spot pattern

  • dixongarrett
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2004
      I have uploaded 3 files showing examples of Tiger eye (unfortunately
      they are pretty large files). Although common potash (potassium
      carbonate)is needed, in two examples I used a modification of
      Hartmann's formula - no creolin!- that is safe and fairly easy to
      work with. One uses Windsor and Newton lamp black gouache and gives
      a pretty good pattern. Directions are on my website at
      www.marblersapprentice.com.
      Garrett Dixon