Re: Paper in deep colours

  • papermimi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2004
      My apologies to the list. Have no idea how that message got posted
      twice, I know I sent it only once.

      Susanne -- thank you for the suggestion --- you might say more about
      how; i.e.,with what medium, technique, other supplies, you first
      paint your paper before marbling. . .say more about how
      those "paints" work, or do not work, with the mordant or the bath.
      It would be helpful to have a vision of what you are suggesting.

      Pamela from Oxford, Ohio, home of beautiful Miami University
      Does that help you "know" who I am? I doubt it. I haven't made a
      famous name for myself yet and my grandchildren who are fond of
      calling me Mimi don't consider me nameless.

      Also,placing text in all caps on I-net messages is considered
      screaming. Thanks

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "hamburgerbuntpapier_de"
      <hamburgerbuntpapier@t...> wrote:
      > For working on deep coloured base paper, it's much more effective
      to first paint the paper
      > and then do the decorating, much more life in that! More work, too,
      but it is worth the
      > effort. And you get the colour you need instead of accepting what
      the manufacturer offers.

      > Susanne Krause
      >
      > THIS IS MEANT ESPECIALLY FOR PAPERMIMI, WHO EVER YOU ARE. BUT THIS
      IS FOR
      > EVERYONE: PLEASE SIGN YOUR MESSAGES, IT IS NO PLEASURE TO WRITE TO
      A NAMELESS