[Marbling] creolin

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
      Hi Jake....

      I used creosote at one time for a decent if not perfect sunspot, it stained
      the back of the paper. It had to be 20 years ago and they are still OK,
      except for the stain, which is grease like.

      I use garden potash now, it's 60% potash and looks like 40% dirt! But it
      makes a real nice sunspot, a little differnt from the hauptman recipe, but
      in ways I like it better.....so the tradition evolves a bit, eh? Garret
      Dixon sells the regular potash.....but yes, it's caustic, I used some
      yesterday, it got in a paper cut, I thought I'd hit the roof. My garden
      potash, I barely feel anything from it.

      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com