Re: experiment results

  • angchengsiew
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2004
      Could we have future graphic submission to this list be uploaded to
      the photos section instead of the file section? I would prefer to
      have it organised this way.

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "athena_2547" <athena_2547@y...>
      wrote:
      > hello everyone,
      > i made a post a few weeks ago about marbling on wood, and i finally
      > have the pictures of the result of my experimentation. They should
      be
      > in the files section of the group page in a folder titled
      experiments
      > on wood. I also put an example of my work on paper in the folder,
      oh,
      > and there are 2 examples of marbling on canvis boards in the
      > experiment 1 and 2 files. Let me know if the files are too large
      and
      > what the proper pixel dimentions are for posting, i am using
      iphoto so
      > i don't have the most advanced controls. Thanks to everyone who
      > offered their expertise while i was doing my research, i think i
      > almost have a working method. I hope to paint in oils over the
      marbled
      > surface, if people are interested i can also post those results in
      > another month. As far as the archival reprocussions of that act, i
      am
      > not thinking about such things until i can make enough money where
      > can do research and then ask more for archival mixed media work-
      > collectable even.
      > btw the pics of the marbled veses are amazing, i would have never
      > thought of marbling lathed work
      > ~Melinda
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2004
        Thanks for this John--and yes--I agree. I think it would be more
        organizationally correct for the uploaded graphics to be in this section,
        too. Would the recent posters please move their images over. If there is a
        problem, let John or myself know--and we'll help on 'moving day'.
        Jill