Re: marbling on fabric

  • elena_silk
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 12, 2004
      Hi, thank you for reply,
      i have one more question - why colors do not spread evenly on the
      base? i was experimenting with thinning/thickening base and colors,
      the best result i got is that colors spread enough (3-4") but they
      are very grainy especially in the middle. I am using Pebeo Marble
      colors and Sodium Alginate for base.
      thanks everyone for help
      E.

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "" <marblehead@i...> wrote:

      > If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is
      not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or
      painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed
      silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first.
      Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas
      in your marbled design for the background to show through.

      > ae

      href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/">http://groups.yahoo.com
      /group/Marbling/</a><br>
      href="mailto:Marbling-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?