RE: [Marbling] marbling on fabric

  • marblehead@iwon.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 10, 2004
      If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first. Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas in your marbled design for the background to show through.

      ae

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 12, 2004
        Hi, thank you for reply,
        i have one more question - why colors do not spread evenly on the
        base? i was experimenting with thinning/thickening base and colors,
        the best result i got is that colors spread enough (3-4") but they
        are very grainy especially in the middle. I am using Pebeo Marble
        colors and Sodium Alginate for base.
        thanks everyone for help
        E.

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "" <marblehead@i...> wrote:

        > If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is
        not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or
        painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed
        silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first.
        Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas
        in your marbled design for the background to show through.

        > ae

        href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/">http://groups.yahoo.com
        /group/Marbling/</a><br>
        href="mailto:Marbling-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?