marbling on fabric

  • elena_silk
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 8, 2004
      Hello,
      i am very new to marbling, in fact i even didn't try it yet, but i do
      silk paintings, and now i am going to try marbling on silk. Is there
      anybody who tried it? Is it possible to achive large areas of solid
      colors and just a few swirls on it? Can drops of colors be very big -
      to cover larger area? Thank you for your help.
      Elena.
    • marblehead@iwon.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 10, 2004
        If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first. Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas in your marbled design for the background to show through.

        ae

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 12, 2004
          Hi, thank you for reply,
          i have one more question - why colors do not spread evenly on the
          base? i was experimenting with thinning/thickening base and colors,
          the best result i got is that colors spread enough (3-4") but they
          are very grainy especially in the middle. I am using Pebeo Marble
          colors and Sodium Alginate for base.
          thanks everyone for help
          E.

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "" <marblehead@i...> wrote:

          > If you're looking for large areas of even, solid color, marbling is
          not the way to get them. However, you can marble on dyed and/or
          painted silk. If you want a single color background, just use dyed
          silk. For large spots or shapes of a solid color, paint them first.
          Then you can use surfactant, such as Photo-flo, o open up large areas
          in your marbled design for the background to show through.

          > ae

          href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/">http://groups.yahoo.com
          /group/Marbling/</a><br>
          href="mailto:Marbling-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?