Re: [Marbling] Discussion on alum

  • James M Mahoney
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2003
      Yes, it really is the oil paint that soaks through the paper. I painted
      in oils for many years before moving into watercolor and acrylics. Oil
      paint is pigment color that is dissolved in an oil base, therefore when
      the oil soaks through the paper it is both the oil and the pigment that
      has combined - you will see both the oil and the color of the pigment
      (because they are now one substance) on the paper, whether it is front or
      back.
      Monita