Re: [Marbling] Re: fabric manufacturers are making "marbled" fabric

  • gretchen vansant
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2003
      This is an art...those who value art for there crafts/their artwork will buy hand pieces if they are reasonable.So exposure is good to the medium is good,what done is done. gretchen

      Angela Drake <angiedrake@...> wrote: I am a quilter who marbles and I'm not sure the answer is as simple
      as good or bad. I had played with the idea of selling marbled fabric
      to quilters but I found that many quilters are do-it-yourselfers and
      when I showed them fabice they wanted to learn the process
      themselves. Those that don't want to learn would be very happy to
      buy a less expensive, machine-made product. I'm curious to hear
      other responses.

      Angie

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Susa Glenn" <sglenn@c...> wrote:
      > Hi,everybody,
      >
      > I am pasting a web page address here that will take you to a
      > collection of machine made fabrics that are all (for the most part)
      > marbled designs made by computer. There are 67 fabrics shown so
      > obviously this catagory has grown a lot over the last 12 months. I
      > first became aware of some of these fabrics at the wholesale quilt
      > fabric show in Houston in November of 2002. There were about 6 of
      > them then. A lot more fabric houses have gotten on the band wagon
      > since then. Obviously they are selling; otherwise there wouldn't
      be
      > so many to choose from. So is this a resurgence of interest in
      > marbling? Is this good? Is this bad? Personally, I am less than
      > thrilled. I just wanted to open this up for discussion.
      >

      > www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?
      > catid=102&sid=31U9Hz0mmHJ77AX-36103424058.35
      >

      > You can copy this link (it is long) and paste it in your address
      box
      > & go there to look at the fabrics.
      >
      > Susa Glenn, who marbles on cotton & sells to quilters

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT