The making of colour for marbling

  • ElizabethOrme
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2000
      Hi everyone,
      I was wondering whether there is anyone on the list who can give me some hints, ie. Iris Nevins, about the making of colours for marbling. Usually, I use gouache for my marbling sessions, but sometimes I like to make my own colours. I usually put ground colour together with atragant gum and gum arabic and a few drops of ox gall. But, the results are usually pretty pale colours, more like a watercolour than tempera. I would like to know whether the bright colours that I see in Iris Nevins books are due to the addition of some substance to enhance the colour.
      Thanks.

      Elizabeth