inexpensive paper/classes

  • enidadams
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2003
      Greetings Marbling friends,
      I haven't checked the site in awhile and it seems alot is changing--
      Laura is moving, Susa has a new address, Marie has a new phone.

      What is not new is the quest for the perfect inexpensive paper to
      marble. Well, it's not perfect, but I recently had a commission to
      marble several 100 square feet to line library walls and was glad to
      find that Speedball makes their blockprinting paper again, and it's
      carried by Dick Blick. It's not as great as it was, but is very
      reasonable and with alum makes a good print. It's available in
      several sheet sizes--I used the 18x24".

      Lucky Diane Maurer is still sitting on her stockpile of the old
      stuff, the wonderful toothy sheets that needed no alum. If we all
      made alot of noise, perhaps they's go back to the old recipe.

      Best wishes to all for a happy holiday season!

      Enid Adams
      Surface Design Studio - The Plains, VA
      540-253-5678

      PS I'll be teaching workshops in my studio this winter/spring.
      Anyone interested, please contact me off list enidadams at earthlink
      dot net or by phone, and I'll be sure to send you a schedule.