Re: [Marbling] Re: various satins

  • Gail MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2003
      > Satin is not a fabric, it is a type of weave. Silk satin is quite luxurious.
      > Silk Charmeuse of a slightly different satin weave and is more supple than
      > silk satins. Other satins may be woven from synthetics such as: acetate
      > (rayon) or polyester. Polyester and rayon tend to water spot easily while
      > silk does not. Rayon is the drapiest, silk the next and poly has the least
      > hand or drape. Sateen is a satin weave made of long staple cotton yarns
      > that produce a lustrous surface. Since satin is a weave I imagine it has
      > been woven with many different synthetics in addition the the ones noted
      > above. Hope this is helpful.
      > PatV
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Thanks Pat. I know that the term satin refers to the weave. I was hopeful
      that ³synthetic² satin was a new something or other out in the realm of
      fabrics. Iris: about missing marblers, I personally know 3 from Marie¹s
      list. They just aren¹t marbling anymore, but still may be interested. I
      will give them the Society of Marblers contact info. Burn-out refers to
      more than velvet!