Fine patterns on fabric

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2003
      Karli Frigge from The Netherlands does the finest and most beautiful
      patterns with her normal pigments on ordinary thin bookbinder's cloth,
      and I use my wooden blocks and brass decorative wheels (both fine,
      custom made from historical models) for paste cloth on a bookbinder's
      cloth base; has been done since at least the 1920ies. Seems to me the
      thing is to find out how much moisture exactly is needed at which state
      of work (much more than on paper, and at other times) and to persuade
      the cloth not to roll up; no more problems since I found out about
      this. No pre-washing needed with bookbinder's cloth.

      Susanne Krause