Re: [Marbling] ox gall suitable for marbling

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 17 5:29 AM
      You can....ahem.....get it at the slaughterhouse....they will look at you
      askance, so bring some marbling to explain ypurself and that you are not
      into witchcraft!

      I would put it in a jar, loosely capped for starters with 25% alcohol.
      Pure grain alcohol from the liquor store is best, I am sure they sell it
      for making liqeurs. Here the brand is Everclear. Just let it sit. Sediment
      will go to the bottom, them as you see a fair amount collect, strain it
      into another jar. Do this each time sediment collects. Just use the top
      clear liquid. You will need more drops of it than commerically prepared and
      concentrated gall, but it works just fine. Any bladder will work, cow, ox,
      whatever. Bring a clean half gallon jar. You will have gall enough for life
      plus!

      Oh....and bring a camera to catch the look on their faces when you ask for
      it (likely they will jar the liquid and give it to you) and email it to us!
      I guarantee a "precious moment".

      Hi Ursala,

      I'll ask my book binding and marbling friends in Auckland and get back to
      you. There are quite a few keen marblers and I'm pretty sure they get their
      materials locally.

      All the best,
      Carol (in Sydney)<