Shameless Promotion

  • Dean and Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2003
      Hi all - I know it's fabric and not paper, but for those of you in the
      Arizona area, our trunk show of marbled designs will open on Thursday, Nov.
      20, 3-9 PM at Textures Gallery in Scottsdale. Textures is a new fiber
      gallery, with some absolutely wonderful art on display. Our fabric pieces
      are dimensional, and I am continuing to work in series that deal with all
      aspect of nature and Earth.

      I don't have all the pieces on line, but you can see some of the pieces at
      http://www.marbledfab.com/exhibits.html.

      If you are in the Vermont area, our work will be at the Schullenberg Gallery
      in Jericho on weekends in December. And one of our marbled hangings is
      traveling in the "My World in Black and White" exhibit, opening this week at
      the Ontario (CA) Museum of Art and History.

      I am so hooked on working with marbled fabrics, from the quilting to the
      embellishing and the whole design process. I am working on a series of
      quilted/embellished geodes. I love marbling on satin and silk, and one of
      our pieces was marbled on moleskin (kind of a fake ultra-suede) to simulate
      a quiet pond. No fabric is safe from marbling, as far as I'm concerned.

      Linda in Tucson

      Unique Fiber Art & Hand-marbled Fine Art Fabrics
      Marble-T Design, L.L.C.
      http://www.marbledfab.com