Re: [Marbling] Introduction

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9, 2000
      I do 60" X 25" pieces of fabric by pinning the ends with clothespins to
      dowels. I hold the dowels and lower the cloth from the middle first,
      gradually laying the dowels down. The pins and dowels get wet and dirty and
      have to be wiped off as best possible before clipping to the next cloth.
      But it's really quick and works like a charm. AND....don't talk, laugh,
      sneeze or BREATHE when laying down so you don't get hesitation lines!

      Iris
    • carylhanc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2000
        Hi, D. Guffey!
        Thanks for the explanation of your device. I sort of have the picture.... I
        was driving from Indy to Chicago last week for a stitching workshop, and
        figured out an alternative - knot four threads, and stitch them through the
        corners of the scarf. Clip the ends of the threads in bankers clips which
        are attached to a long (wider than the scarf) board. That way I will have
        control of the four corners. (The dog kept dropping her corner - <VBG>).
        then, after the scarf is safely down on the size, I can unclip the threads,
        and pull them out after rinsing. What do you think? I haven't had time to
        try it yet - just got home yesterday.
        Thanks for writing!
        Caryl Hancock, Indy