paper

    Message 1 of 47 , Nov 10, 2003
      Who would think that a simple thing like our paper would get so
      complicated?

      Must relate a bad experience....I ordered samples of Permalin and they were
      great. So I ordered 3000 sheets, got them today and I'd bet a million bucks
      they are buffered. In any case they don't hold the colors well, they run
      off, and I am fighting with the company now to be able to return them. They
      said if I could show that the samples worked and the order does not maybe I
      can.

      I was so clear and specific that I needed unbuffered stock. They promised
      it. I knew it was buffered when i went to see if I could taste the alum on
      the paper and couldn't taste it. So........for watercolor marblers, another
      one bites the dust. They did not send the same papers as the sample. They
      were saying they were starting to use buffer, that is why I ordered 3000
      sheets of so called current unbuffered stock. Some of their other papers
      are already buffered, so they may have overlooked this one, it was their
      multicolor line. Beware.

      Shall update further.
      Iris Nevins
    • Taracady
      Message 47 of 47 , Apr 13, 2014
        Iris, I love learning of these intricacies! Fascinating. I don't think we have opened ream 2 of that purchase, so I will definitely check it before distributing it. The balancing act of dilution/concentration of mordant, size and pigment can be challenging enough! Now buffering of paper adds to the mix. Thanks! Tara