Re: [Marbling] New Pictures Here...

  • laviniaa@juno.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
      I tried to link to something like this a couple of weeks ago and got the
      same results you did. I think it's a version of spam. The sender knows
      what subject heading will catch our attention. When we click, we're a
      captive audience for junk. Just my theory.

      Lavinia Adler

      On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 08:12:25 -0500 irisnevins <irisnevins@...>
      writes:
      > Is there something wrong with the link
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/Kolesnikzp74/index.html
      >
      > I get page not found, then a million popup ads that crash the
      > program....anyone else?
      >
      > Iris Nevins

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • V. Wilson
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
        I too have noticed the emails purportedly concerning marbling. For what
        it is worth, there is a similarity about the addresses (names and numbers,
        letters and numbers) so I delete them. I think Jill's suggestion about
        sending a second email advising that files are available for viewing, is a
        good one, and protects other members of the list. Currently I am being
        bombarded with pleading letters from Africa, and scam lotteries. Filters
        don't work because the emails always come in with different
        addresses. Shame there are people out there with nothing better to do with
        their time.

        Vi W
      • J Dolphin
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
          Just as you have posted this--I have received yet another
          membership--again--it is a nondescript yahoo addie......I simply wait
          now--to see if yet another picture uploaded message comes through---then go
          and whack it.........On days where I might not attend my own machine--these
          unwanted attentions could start to pile up--so--I am going over to take a
          closer look at making the list Private--what this all entails. I will let
          the list know in advance--if I make some radical changes for membership.
          Jill
          list mom getting irritated.........:(
          > I too have noticed the emails purportedly concerning marbling. For what
          > it is worth, there is a similarity about the addresses (names and numbers,
          > letters and numbers) so I delete them. I think Jill's suggestion about
          > sending a second email advising that files are available for viewing, is
          > good one, and protects other members of the list. Currently I am being
          > bombarded with pleading letters from Africa, and scam lotteries. Filters
          > don't work because the emails always come in with different
          > addresses. Shame there are people out there with nothing better to do
          with
          > their time.
          >
          > Vi W

        • V. Wilson
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2003
            Jill,

            I think the calligraphy list went private for similar reasons. Someone on
            this list might be able to give you more information.

            Vi