Re: [Marbling] Marbling sox - a problem

  • gretchen vansant
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2003
      It is Important to heat set your colors buy putting them in the dryer after removing size.But also there are catylists(gee I,ve got that spelled wrong)that add to paint in the beginning that will help heat set.expensive but just a drop pur 1/2oz of paint. great idea by ther way! gretchen

      carylhanc@... wrote:Hi, All,
      I thought it would be fun to marble some sox for a church bazaar, and I have
      learned that while fun, it is *very* labor intensive! I made forms to
      stretch the sox on, and am using acrylic paints on carragheenan. I alum the sox,
      and let them dry. They come off the size with a very sharp and bright pattern,
      and keep the pattern in the bucket of water I swish them in to get out the
      carragheenan. Then I put them in the washer, short, gentle cycle, cool water,
      and a tiny bit of detergent. They come out faded, and grayed, and have lost a
      lot of the original sharpness of the pattern. Obviously, the washer is the
      problem.
      Could list members help me out here, please? Do they need to dry to set the
      pattern/paints before washing?
      Thanks in advance!
      Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2003
        Hi, All,
        Many thanks to the list members for their suggestions. Back to the size tank
        to try them!
        Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis