Marbling socks

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2003
      I've never tried something like that, but here is my idea: I should try
      paints that are made for the purpose, ie. textile dyes. They need
      fixation, but when you use cotton socks, there will be no problem with
      that. Besides, a)socks are stretchy, and acrylics are considerably less
      so, b)dyes sit in the fibre, not on the fibre like pigments do. And I
      should wash the socks at highest temperature before marbling to remove
      all residues of what factories think they need to put into their stuff.

      Susanne Krause