Mohamed Zakariya

  • Ingrid
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2003
      Dear Oguzhan
      Sadly Christopher Weimann never met Mohamed
      but they talked(prompted by Sandra Kirshenbaum of
      Fine Print) on the phone in 1988 and collaborated on
      a piece which was completed in late 1988;Chris got to
      see it at the hospital shortly before he passed in Nov.1988
      You can see this piece on page 69 in my Tribute book on
      Christopher's life and work.
      I met Mohamed in 1998 at LACMA for the exhibition " Music for the
      Eyes" An Introductioin to Islamic and Ottoman Calligraphy,we have
      been friend's ever since.
      Regards, Ingrid Weimann