Pride of America

  • Oguzhan Tugrul
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2003
      America is not simply Marlborough,Coca Cola,Starbucks,McDonalds..
      No way !

      Back in the sixties,during the flower children period,
      almost everyone was dropping out (of college,of life ! )

      only one,
      dropped in !

      That was Esteemed Muhammed Zakariyah of then California,
      after a Morrocco trip,dived into Islam and Islamic arts.

      Through his journey he has accumulated knowledge
      of us - Turks,Ottomans,Arabs and the Islamic world
      -even- much better than ourselves (shame on us!)

      and crowned his challenge with 2 ijazets(diplomas) in calligraphical arts,
      since the world is like a backyard garden for him,
      he constructs astrolabs,or fine cosmos calculation apparatus

      Oh,yes and he does marble ! as well,

      To me he is the America I would rather see,
      no matter which ancestral background,
      contemporary embodiment of knowledge and according talent
      in a very modal personality of benevolent character.

      He had also known dear Christopher Weimann !
      another examplary soul in American Marbling history.

      www.zakariyah.com is a web site to bookmark for Turks to take heed!
      life of a dedicated man in his own words -

      Actually it is one of the best web sites I have ever enjoyed visiting,
      in my short internet history.

      post scriptum :
      eid mubarek -The US stamp with Islamic Calligraphy was his design ! (happy holidays )